Blogger Book Tag
Here are the rules:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love books. It’s that simple. 😉 I love books and I wanted to share in the awesomeness that is the blogger universe.
2. Who is your greatest book hero?
My greatest hero would have to be Faythe Sanders from Rachel Vincent’s shifter series. It was my first real fantasy book and it’s my favorite. She’s so strong and independant. Plus she kicks ass which is a total bonus.
3. Who is your biggest book crush?
Haha I would have to say it’s a three way tie between Jace from Rachel Vincent’s shifter series, Dimitri from Vampire Academy, and Tod from the Soul Screamers series.
4. What character are you most like?
I think I’ll have to say Kat from Obsidian. Mainly because she isn’t afraid to stand up for herself. I love her sarcasm and snarkiness. It suits me well 😉
5. What author would you want to write your life story?
Hands down, Rachel Vincent. She’s my favorite author. She tells the story like it is and doesn’t fantasize it too much. She has a very unique way of getting the story accross is captivates you and keeps your attention.
6. Do you like to read at night or during the day?
I read when I can. It’s mostly at night after work. Nighttime is the best time. No distractions.
7. Least favorite thing about blogging?
Worrying about finishing a book in time for a review.
8. Most favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting new bloggers and comments.
9. Why did you start your blog?
I met a couple of my best blogger friends through twitter. I wanted to start a blog but was so nervous about it. I posted reviews on Goodreads before but now it has more of a personal tough when I blog. People actually stop by and actually look at something I wrote. Although it’s just a review but it’s my review and it makes it that much more special to me.
10. In what ways do you help your blog grow?
I try to use Twitter a lot to push my blog. I put myself out there a lot more. It’s a bit hard to do since I work but it’s a great experience. I love meeting new friends, especially blogger friends. Word of mouth is very strong in the blogger world. If you help promote other bloggers, they will eventually help promote you. It’s a win win.
1. What was your favorite debut novel in 2011?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi no question.
2. Who are your top five female heroines?
Faythe Sanders from Stray, Kaylee Cavanaugh from My Soul To Take, Riley Jensen from Dead Moon Rising, Juliette from Shatter Me, Joanne Baldwin from Chill Factor. I have a lot more but those are my top 😉
3. Who is your favorite author of all time?
4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
Dimitri from Vampire Academy, Tod from My Soul To Take, Jace from Stray
5. If you could switch roles with a fictional character, who would you want to switch with and why?
Kaylee Cavanaugh. She is someone to be admired. She’s brave, passionate, and caring. Plus she’s had two of the hottest guys as her boy-toys 😉 hehe
6. Which are your favorite supernatural beings? Why?
I’m prone to vampires I think. Because they always have this mysterious sense about them. They;re mostly tall, dark, and handsome….I don’t like sparkly ones though. So don’t get your hopes up there. 😉
7. Which book release are you most looking forward to in 2012?
Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
8. Which three books made you both laugh and cry?
Alpha by Rachel Vincent, Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, and Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
9. Who are your top five favorite fictional couples?
Dimitri & Rose from Vampire Academy, Daemon & Kat from Obsidian, Ash & Meghan from The Iron Knight, Kaylee & Nash from My Soul To Take, Kaylee & Tod from If I Die
10. If you could pick only one book/series to take to a deserted island with you, which one would you pick and why?
This one is TOUGH!! I have to stick to my guns and say the shifter series by Rachel Vincent. It’s always been my favorite series and it still is.
11. If you could live in any of the worlds created by any author, which one would you choose and why?
I think it would be really cool to live in the world of the Fey in The Iron Queen series. I think it would be so mysterious and crazy. All the creatures, faeries, places…oh man….madness would ensue….plus I would get to see Ash and Puck. Yum-my